Accomplished Application Architect and results-oriented Product Owner with a comprehensive understanding of the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC). Expertise in driving business goals, advocating for exceptional user experiences, and maintaining team focus; skilled in fostering success and prioritizing the needs of every team member. Led the re-design and re-architecting of the WeaveUp platform, orchestrated product planning, maintained backlog, implemented workflow optimizations, and led stakeholder collaboration. In-depth knowledge of infrastructure maintenance, migration, and disaster recovery planning, leading multiple data migrations and managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Led the re-design, re-architecture and successful product launch of the WeaveUp software platform, resulting in the acquisition of WeaveUp by JOANN Fabrics, through effective leadership and strategic decision-making.
- Used workflow analysis to optimize the ticket creation process, reducing development time by 35% and increasing the number of new features in active development by 25%.
- Boosted team velocity by 40%, partnering with the project Manager to enhance the sprint process - implementing bi-weekly sprints, managing sprint ceremonies - and project management automation.
- Led product planning, created and maintained a product backlog, served as the primary point of contact for developers, and conducted weekly client meetings to gather requirements and prioritize features.
- Led migration and re-architecting of all legacy standalone applications to modernized containers, ensuring seamless integration and improved scalability.
- Partnered with the Director of Engineering to strategize and execute the conversion of legacy infrastructure into a comprehensive infrastructure-as-code deployment of Kubernetes, incorporating metrics, monitoring, and alerting for streamlined operations.
- Managed all CI/CD pipelines, enhancing performance through the deployment and management of a custom Jenkins instance on GCP and facilitating the migration of pipelines to Buildkite running on EC2 instances on AWS.
- Minimized downtime and improved business continuity by designing and implementing a disaster recovery plan that enabled the operations team to recreate all services in a different region within a few hours.
- Worked with the dev team to simplify the onboarding process, ensure parity with the production stack, and reduce spin-up time of the local stack from 3 days to 3 hours through automation via Bash scripts, containers, and docker-compose.
Lead QA Engineer
- Spearheaded end-to-end quality assurance efforts, serving as the sole QA professional, ensuring comprehensive testing of all applications and new features.
- Collaborated closely with business and engineering teams, establishing high-quality requirements for application features and updates, enhancing overall product performance and customer satisfaction.
- Developed and maintained an automated regression suite of over 300 tests (leveraging Ruby, Cucumber, PageObject, and Watir/Selenium) and restructured tests to execute in parallel using a self-hosted Selenium Grid instance, resulting in an 800% reduction in run times and enabling developers to receive more timely feedback.
- Transformed regression testing process by migrating to a CI environment with dedicated pipelines for each application, elevating visibility, improving reaction time, and empowering timely bug identification and resolution.
QA Automation Engineer
- Steered cross-functional teams as technical lead, driving efficient codebase design, and conducting code reviews, ensuring high-quality deliverables.
- Spearheaded automation enhancements, slashing regression preparation time from hours to minutes, resulting in significant time and cost savings.
- Developed cutting-edge software tools to analyze and optimize project codebases, achieving 20% reduction in regression execution time.
Bachelor of Music in Music EducationUniversity of North Carolina - Greensboro